|Date||April 5, 2020 - April 8, 2020|
|Organizers||Katsumasa Fujita, Osaka University, Japan Satoshi Kawata , Osaka University, Japan Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Venue||Osaka International Convention Center (also known as Grand Cube Osaka)|
5 Chome 3-51 Nakanoshima
Osaka, Kita Ward 530-0005 Japan
+ Google Map
UPDATE FROM FOM:
Cancellation FOM2020 Osaka conference
To our great regret we have been forced due to the spreading of COVID-19 (coronavirus) to cancel the FOM2020 conference in Osaka. This also because major travel inhibitions and restrictions made it for many delegates impossible to attend, causing a great number of cancellations of oral and poster contributions.
We would like to thank all the Exhibitors, Invited Speakers, Tutorial presenters and those who submitted abstracts, for their willingness to participate and their work in preparing the abstracts etc. Unfortunately it was not to be.
All registered delegates and exhibitors will be contacted directly. While this is a major inconvenience for us, we think of those directly affected and wish them a speedy recovery. We hope to welcome you on another FOM conference, maybe next year with probably a location in Europe. For further announcements please follow this website.
Announcing the next Focus on Microscopy conference:
Focus on Microscopy 2020
This year’s conference, FOM2019, in London has been successfully concluded drawing over 800 participants and close to 100 exhibitors/exhibitor booths both from Europe as well from Asia/Australia and America. The FOM2019 London program together with the one-page PDF abstracts of the presentations can be found at: Program 2019
FOM2020 in Osaka will be the continuation of a yearly conference series (since 1988) on the latest innovations and developments in mostly optical microscopy and their application in biology, medicine, and the material sciences. Please note that this is in the week before Easter 2020.
If you wish to be kept informed on updates etc. please leave your email address at www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org/stayinformed.
Key subjects for the conference series are the theory and practice of 3D optical imaging, related 3D image processing, and reporting especially on developments in resolution and imaging modalities. The conference series covers also the rapidly advancing fluorescence labeling techniques for confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- biological specimens.
Typical topics of the upcoming FOM conference will include:
• Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
• Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
• 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
• Adaptive optics for microscopy
• Light sheet microscopy
• Phase/interference based microscopies,
• OCT, holographic, endoscopy
• Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
• New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
• Clearing and expansion techniques.
• Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS.
• Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
• Correlated microscopies, light/electron, etc.
• Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
• Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
• 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
A technical exhibition will be an integral part of the upcoming FOM2020 conference. All information about the previous FOM conferences of the last 20 years can be found on this website under button “History”. From 2004 onwards also one page abstracts in PDF format of the presented contributions are available in the listed program of the conferences. Please note also the “Search FOM database” button for full searches through the whole FOM archive over the years.
|Opening submission of abstracts||Friday, October 25, 2019|
|Deadline submission of abstracts||Tuesday, January 14, 2020|
|Acceptance of contributions, draft program on the web||Friday, February 7, 2020|
|Deadline for early registration||Tuesday, March 3, 2020|
|FOM2020 Conference||Sunday, April 5 – Wednesday, April 8, 2020|
|Easter Sunday 2020||Sunday, April 12, 2020|
The FOM2020 conference venue will be the:
Osaka International Convention Center (also known as Grand Cube Osaka)
5 Chome 3-51 Nakanoshima
Kita Ward, Osaka 530-0005, Japan
Located adjacent to the underground Nakanoshima Station served by Keihan Electric Railway Nakanoshima Line.