|Date||December 11, 2022 - December 13, 2022|
|Venue||U-residence, VUB, Brussels|
Bld Géneral Jacques 271
Brussels, Brussels 1050 Belgium
+ Google Map
The PhasAGE consortium invites you to participate in the II PhasAGE-VIB International Conference “Biomolecular condensates in biology and disease” which will be held in Brussels from 11 to 13 December 2022.
The PhasAGE consortium has a strong focus on the implications of liquid-liquid phase separation (LLPS) / biomolecular condensation in physiology, aging and disease. VIB (https://vib.be) and PhasAGE have brought together some of the world leaders on these subjects, to present their research in Brussels. With close to a hundred participants, the meeting will present an excellent opportunity to discuss current trends in this remarkable scientific discipline. World-class plenary and keynote lectures will set the stage for uncompromising scientific quality and excitement. We plan to cover:
- general understanding of the role of LLPS in physiology and pathology
- details of the fundamental process of stress granules formation
- kinetics and modulation of phase separation
- biomolecular condensates in microorganisms
- possible role of LLPS in protein aggregation and its mechanistic role in neuropathies
- targeting “condensatopathies”, as pioneered at emerging LLPS enterprises
- discussing in a “career development session”, career options in life sciences, and distinct paths of bio-business through the lens of experts from big pharma, start-ups and investors
Come join us for this exciting meeting in Brussels, to learn and discuss the science of biomolecular condensates in specific sessions with invited speakers, selected short talks, posters and career development discussions. The symposium will take place at the Etterbeek campus of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB; http://vub.be), a metro ride away from the historic center of the de facto capital of the European Union.