Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an Associate Director to join our Medicinal Chemistry team. As part of our growing MedChem group, you will create and implement medicinal chemistry strategies across our discovery portfolio through the design, development, and execution of innovative chemistry. Reporting to the VP, Medicinal Chemistry (Boston), you will be at the forefront of our revolutionizing approach to the discovery and development of small molecule drugs as modulators of biomolecular condensates across multiple therapeutic areas.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based in our Boston site (USA). Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salaries, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Define project-related Medicinal Chemistry strategies and determine overall strategy for highly innovative drug discovery projects from Target ID to hit identification to clinical candidate nomination
- Provide scientific leadership on drug discovery and portfolio decisions across therapeutic areas
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, demonstrating a personal commitment to extending and developing knowledge and expertise
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-site functional goals within Chemistry & Drug Discovery
- Analyze screening data, establish SAR, perform literature reviews, design, and implement medicinal chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support compound progression and IP strategies
- Effectively manage external resources at our partner CROs and mentor scientists across the R&D functions in order to develop their Drug Discovery skills and build our organizational capabilities
- As a leader within the MedChem team, use timely decision-making to ensure focus and delivery of key objectives across the portfolio
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote an open and innovative culture within a cross discipline environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other corporate initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 10+ years of laboratory-based research experience, with a strong focus on medicinal chemistry, preferably in a biopharmaceutical setting
- To have successfully led projects from early target validation, through hit and lead optimization to candidate selection
- To have led CRO collaborations (domestic and international) with significant impact on the outcome of drug discovery programs
- To strongly showcase leadership and teamwork skill to influence other drug discovery experts (in CADD, Biology, DMPK, Safety, CMC) and identify key project issues, propose, and implement creative solutions, and execute on innovative Medicinal Chemistry strategies
- To be an expert in modern organic chemistry and drug discovery (from Hit Identification to IND-enabling studies)
- Experience in working across multiple target-types and gene families
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or evidence of sustained contributions to the field
- Proven track record of creative thinking and consistent delivery with strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment, demonstrating exceptional teamwork skills and a “can-do” / “can-win” attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience and direct accountability in project leadership
- Drug discovery experience in oncology
- Experience in phenotypic screening and high-content imaging
- Experience with multi-sited international work environments
About Dewpoint Therapeutics
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.