Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry, as elemental part of our internal chemistry & drug discovery group focused on the discovery of condensate-modulating drugs (c-mods). Through small molecule screening in a wide range of biochemical and cell-based assays, our goal is to understand condensate biology and ultimately discover drugs that modify the composition, behavior, and functions of those condensates. The ideal candidate has broad experience identifying small molecule hits from early screens and optimizing those to attractive, high quality preclinical candidates.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Lead and built our medicinal chemistry group in Frankfurt and be a member of the site management team
- Define, guide, and lead project-related medicinal chemistry strategies and overall strategies for highly innovative drug discovery projects (small molecules & other synthetic modalities)
- Lead a team of internal and external scientists to implement best practices to ensure timely delivery of key milestones from hit identification through clinical candidate nomination
- Foster collaborations within the company, as well as with external partners, from academia, biotech, and CROs to help ensure that the chemistry group operates at the highest levels of scientific excellence
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, with a personal commitment to extend and develop knowledge and expertise
- Represent and promote the company externally by publishing manuscripts and giving presentations
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline
- 8+ years’ experience driving successfully medicinal chemistry efforts within project teams towards the identification of clinical candidates (small molecules or other synthetic modalities) in an industry setting
- A strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles, including structure-based drug design, phenotypic approaches, and physiochemical properties
- Experience in analyzing HTS data and providing expert opinion on the screening outcome and hit quality
- Experience in working across multiple target types across multiple disease indications
- A good understanding of the drug discovery process including related scientific disciplines mandatory for lead optimization (e.g., pharmacology, cell biology, ADME, formulation, drug safety, IP) and how chemical biology can contribute to target identification and validation
- Strong record of publications and patents
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to enthuse not only the chemistry group, but also related groups with innovative ideas
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams and projects
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in targeting kinases, e.g., in neurodegenerative diseases or oncology
- Experience in working with CROs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.