Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated Associate Director, Medicinal Chemistry, as elemental part of our internal chemistry & drug discovery group focused on the discovery of condensate-modulating drugs (c-mods). The ideal candidate has broad experience identifying small molecule hits from early screens and optimizing those to attractive, high quality preclinical candidates, as well as a track record of success in supporting projects that have advanced to the clinic. In this role, you will lead all medicinal chemistry efforts within a given project and lead a team of internal and external scientists to implement best practices to ensure timely delivery of key milestones from hit selection through clinical candidate nomination.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Define project-related medicinal chemistry strategies and overall strategies for highly innovative drug discovery projects from target ID to hit identification, lead selection, and candidate nomination
- Be an integral part of a project team and lead all the chemistry related efforts to secure key project milestones
- Provide guidance to a team of internal & external medicinal chemists
- Foster collaborations within the company, as well as with external partners, from academia, biotech, and CROs to help ensure that the chemistry group operates at the highest levels of scientific excellence
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, with a personal commitment to extend and develop knowledge and expertise
- Use timely decision making to ensure focus and delivery of key objectives while promoting high levels of productivity and urgency
- Represent and promote the company externally by publishing manuscripts and giving presentations
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, or a related discipline
- 8+ years’ experience driving successfully medicinal chemistry efforts within project teams towards the identification of clinical candidates in an industry setting
- A track record of delivering high quality candidates for clinical development — ideally including direct accountability for project leadership
- Strong record of publications and patents
- A strong knowledge of medicinal chemistry design principles, including structure-based drug design, phenotypic approaches, and physiochemical properties
- Experience in analyzing HTS data and providing expert opinion on the screening outcome and hit quality
- Experience in working across multiple target types across multiple disease indications
- Good understanding of the drug discovery process including related scientific disciplines mandatory for lead optimization (e.g., pharmacology, cell biology, ADME, formulation, drug safety, IP) and the process of finding new drug discovery targets and how chemical biology can contribute to target identification and validation
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to enthuse not only the chemistry group, but also related groups with innovative ideas
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in targeting kinases, e.g., in neurodegenerative diseases or oncology
- Experience in supporting IND preparations and early clinical development
- Experience in working with CROs
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.