Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for an energetic and collaborative Data Scientist to join our team and build our capabilities in HTS data management, bioinformatics, and cheminformatics. In this role, you will join the Screening and Data Science team and take on the tasks below, with the expectation that the role will grow and evolve as our company develops.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovations Zentrum. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this position you will….
- Collaborate with project teams to analyze HTS, bioinformatic and cheminformatic information, both internally generated and from external sources
- Direct the development of bioinformatics and cheminformatics infrastructure at Dewpoint, including machine learning capabilities
- Setup efficient data processing workflows and provide general data analysis support
- Manage our biological assay data and chemical information repository using the platform CDD Vault
To do this you will need….
- A PhD with at least 3 years of experience (or BS/MS with at least 6 years of experience) in computational biology, bioinformatics, cheminformatics, computer science, or related field
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (R or Python) along with data workflow and visualization tools (e.g. KNIME and Spotfire) and experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience with current analysis methods for mining ‘omics data (genomics, epigenetics, proteomics). Familiarity with techniques such as RNA-Seq or ChIP-Seq is a plus
- Successful track record of contributing to drug discovery project teams and forming productive working relationships with scientific collaborators
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and a commitment to learning
- Excellent communications skills and ability to train and mentor junior colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.