Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Director of high throughput screening and in vitro pharmacology to join our team. The ideal candidate has broad experience developing, optimizing, validating, and executing robust assays to support drug discovery with a track record of success in supporting projects that have advanced to the clinic. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of scientists and research associates to implement best practices to insure timely, quality data to drive programs from hit selection through preclinical candidate selection
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Lead the HTS/IVP Team, managing a group of scientists and research associates to develop, optimize, validate, and execute high quality assays to support drug discovery
- Work closely with project teams to support individual projects needs and ensure assays are executed in a timely fashion to drive project decisions
- Stay up to date on best practices and new technologies to achieve highest quality, relevant data
- Work closely with the lab automation and data integration teams to achieve peak performance of the group
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- 10+ years experience developing, optimizing, validating, and executing high quality assays to support drug discovery in an industry setting
- 5+ years hiring, directing, and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated mastery of state of the art practices to develop and execute high quality assays including data analysis and quality control
- Demonstrated experience with biochemical, biophysical, and cell-based assays
- Demonstrated experience with high content imaging and multiplex assays
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience supporting data analysis, storage, and visualization applications
- Experience with matrix and/or multi sited reporting structures
- Experience in supporting deep learning analyses of screening data
- Experience with CRISPR/siRNA screens
- Experience with QPCR screens
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.