Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are seeking a Group Leader/Assoc. Director to provide direction, leadership, and mentoring as we further this vision and build a new cutting edge group to leverage human genetics, genomics, and computation to translate high throughput measurements in condensate biology to actionable knowledge about disease, patients, and therapeutics. This role will help formulate strategic direction and team cohesiveness. Both as a mentor and a hands-on team member, you will conduct analyses in areas of NGS (DNA sequence, bulk and single cell RNASeq), protein complexes, pathways, and biological mechanisms of action. The results of such studies increase confidence in the human and translational sciences of condensate-mediated biology in diseases. A key focus of the role will be the identification and use of appropriate data sets and advanced analytical tools to design and execute analyses to enable success in drug discovery.
This position will report to the VP, Computational Biology and Human Genetics, and will work collaboratively with other scientists including biologists and chemists to produce results that lead to therapeutic discoveries.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Design and perform integrative analyses that combine different types of molecular and/or microscopy imaging data
- Set strategy to Identify or prioritize therapeutic hypotheses (targets, tissue/cell types, strata, mechanism) for multiple indications of interest
- Lead and work alongside experimental biologists and analytical scientists to provide input on experimental design for target validation (in vivo and in vitro model systems, cell types)
- Manage and/or work with external partners in academia and industry
- Develop novel methods integrating ‘omics data with prior knowledge, human genetics
- Provide oversight and direct input of scientific report writing
- Present methods, results, and conclusions to a publishable standard
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in genomics, bioinformatics, computational/systems biology or a related field
- 5+ years combined industry and postdoc experience with 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or with drug development with at least 3+ of those years in scientific leadership role
- Experience motivating and developing other scientists to high quality scientific output and results
- Expertise conducting novel, quantitative analyses as part of research and discovery
- Experience with relevant programming/scripting tools (e.g. R, Python, C/C++), Linux/Unix,
- Knowledge of NGS data types, e.g. single-cell RNAseq and epigenetic data (ATACseq, CHIPseq, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to empower decision making
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Google Compute, Azure), cloud platforms (e.g. Databricks)
- Experience with modern tools such as IPA, MetaCore, Bayesian reasoning, WGCNA
- Experience devising, testing, and validating novel methods using machine learning, deep learning, and advanced analytics
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.