Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic, hands-on individual to join our team as Head of Facilities & Lab Operations in Boston to actively manage and support our Boston laboratory which is engaged in drug discovery research. This individual will be responsible for the management and implementation of the lab operations and activities relating to safety, all processes and protocols required in a scientific research organization, laboratory space planning, budget planning, purchasing, and vendor relationships. Strong collaboration with our Boston and Frankfurt sites is critical to the success of this role. Experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment and a successful track record of managing junior staff is highly desired. Some international travel may be required.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Lead and oversee all facilities (lab and office) operations in Boston
- Be accountable for our chemical hygiene and biological safety programs to create and maintain a strong safety culture, ensuring full compliance with Health Safety & Environment programs and regulations
- Partner with key stakeholders on equipment installations, renovations, expansions, and relocations, including a move of our Dresden team to new lab and office facilities in 2023
- Be the primary contact with building facilities management, security, and housekeeping to ensure efficient and safe operations of our laboratories, offices and common areas
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of operations staff
- Be highly responsive, able to be point person supporting lab operations for a large, dynamic research organization, able to prioritize, delegate effectively, and ensure timely execution of multiple tasks on an ongoing basis
- Work with scientists to plan and to execute instrument purchasing, installation, maintenance, and ongoing support
- Be responsible for instrument and facilities management, as well as general reagent and consumables procurement and storage
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- BS or MS degree in scientific or other relevant discipline
- At least 8 years of direct experience in managing biomedical research laboratory operations
- Experience in using and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills, along with the ability to balance multiple objectives
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with cross-departmental teams to improve scientific operational efficiencies and logistics, and to support business needs and scientific teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
- Team leadership experience
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Cell culture knowledge and experience
- Experience with laboratory automation and liquid handlers
- Experience with remote, global lab facilitation and the researching and implementation of international laboratory requirements
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.