Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for enthusiastic, efficient, and effective individual to provide project/program/alliance management support/leadership as our Head of Project/Portfolio Management. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will work in a matrixed environment, interfacing internally with multiple functional areas such as Discovery Biology, Condensate Platforms, Screening Operations, and the Leadership team. This position will also interact externally with alliance partners, vendors, and others.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Build and lead a small team to establish and to lead the Project and Portfolio Management function, including facilitation of project teams and budget related activities
- Provide a structure for project and program direction through establishing and maintaining focus, direction, and motivation of team members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, and encouraging innovative solutions
- Work closely with key strategic alliance partners for projects that are being jointly developed
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans and database tracking systems as well as associated communications to coordinate, monitor, and track all project activities and schedules to ensure quality, timely completion and project and program performance analysis
- Facilitate the integration of the scientific and company-wide project and program deliverables and goals by partnering with cross-functional team members to develop detailed plans
- Facilitate communication among team members, coordinate activities, drive decision making, resolve issues, and identify risks to drive project execution in alignment with defined schedule
- Develop project/program budgets and manage spending against established budgets, interfacing with Leadership and Finance to maintain updated accurate corporate budget projections and facilitate scenario planning
To do that you will need…
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Physical sciences or relevant discipline (advanced degree preferred) with 5+ years of direct, relevant project management experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to support multiple project teams simultaneously and have the agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in contemporary project and alliance management practices and metrics
- Significant experience developing effective partner relationships and building strong working alliances with internal teams, leadership and external partners
- Strong general leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment and succinctly summarize the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to audience including senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team of direct reports, balancing delegation with direct hands-on support (“player-coach”) to optimize the productivity of this small but critical function
- Ability to resolve complex problems and manage difficult stakeholder situations
- To be well organized and have strong attention to detail while being equally adept at grasping and communicating at a strategic level
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in facilitating, organizing and mentoring scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- PMP certification desirable
- Familiarity with drug development desirable
- Relevant advanced science degree, e.g. PhD, MBA, or M.Sc.,
- Breadth of scientific expertise with solid understanding of early stage project strategy and drug discovery to contribute to strategic discussions
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.