Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced neurobiologist with experience in developing small molecule therapeutics in a variety of neurological indications (common and rare diseases). The ideal candidate would have solid experience in designing and conducting preclinical pharmacology studies, leading preclinical/translational programs in the neurodegenerative and related areas of science, experienced in contributing to INDs and leading IND enabling stage of the preclinical programs. You will not only support the preclinical pharmacology efforts across neurology and rare disease indications, but also serve as a Program Leader and mentor emerging project leaders in the company.
In this position, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Be part of the project team and interface with PL/Biology lead/DA experts to design and conduct preclinical pharmacology studies (at CROs)
- Incorporate appropriate PK/PD and biomarker assessments as necessary at the appropriate stage of the program to enable IND and inform clinical development
- Serve as the Project lead of a cross-functional projects teams from the IND enabling stage and beyond
- Design and oversee the conduct of in vivo pharmacology studies as necessary to support the IND serving as the primary lead for IND enabling pharmacology package
- Work in collaboration with disease area experts (internal and external) as needed to generate/gather human translational evidence supporting clinical development of the drug program
- Work with internal and external collaborators when necessary for indication expansion, collaborate with team members to generate data needed from preclinical studies to inform clinical development
- Author appropriate sections of regulatory documents and review documents such as IND, IB, CSRs
- Provide input into appropriate sections of clinical protocol design, provide input clinical plan, and serve as member of clinical sub-team when needed
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in neurobiology or related field of science.
- At least 10 years of experience in biotech/pharma industry supporting discovery/development stage programs in neurobiology or related areas of science.
- Experience in leading IND enabling stage cross-functional teams and IND filing experience
- Experience in supporting is engaging with clinical development stage programs, ability to approach and design projects from a preclinical to clinical translational perspective
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional colleagues, working with CROs, external collaborators/KOLs
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams
- Effective communications skills (written and oral) demonstrated ability in taking initiative to develop relationships with internal and external collaborators, ability to be resourceful in a small biotech environment
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Familiarity with small molecule drug development, PK/PD and metabolism, toxicology concepts and how they fit into advancing a preclinical program into the clinic
- A clinical translational bent of mind and with an understanding of clinical trial design, and biomarker considerations to enable the design and obtain necessary information from the preclinical program to inform the clinical program design
- Previous regulatory interaction experience
- Experience in supporting small molecule drugs and other therapeutic areas beyond neurology
- When appropriate, the ability to develop/provide input into biomarker strategy to enable successful clinical development as a part of the IDP. This includes biomarkers to assess target engagement, pharmacodynamics, disease biomarkers and novel endpoints as appropriate for indication as well as patient selection/stratification strategy when necessary, including development of Dx/CDx strategies.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.