Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a preclinical/translational pharmacologist with experience in developing oncology therapeutics. The ideal candidate would have solid experience in designing and conducting translational pharmacology studies, leading preclinical/translational programs, experienced in contributing to INDs and leading IND enabling stage of the preclinical programs. You will not only be able to serve as a Program leader for the IND enabling stage programs, but also serve as a mentor for other junior program leaders in the earlier stages of programs to support the pipeline.
In this position, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Be part of the project team and interface with PM/Biology lead/DA experts to design and conduct preclinical pharmacology studies (at CROs). Incorporate appropriate PK/PD and biomarker assessments as necessary at the appropriate stage of the program to enable IND and inform clinical development
- Serve as the Project lead of a cross-functional projects teams from the IND enabling stage and beyond
- Design and oversee the conduct of in vivo pharmacology studies as necessary to support the IND. Serve as the primary lead for IND enabling pharmacology package and work in collaboration with chemists, biologists, DMPK and Toxicology leads
- Initiate collaborations with external KOLs/ leaders in the field as needed to generate human translational evidence to support the clinical program
- Work with internal and external collaborators when necessary for indication expansion, collaborate with team members to generate data needed from preclinical studies to inform clinical development
- Author appropriate sections of regulatory documents and review documents such as IND, IB, CSRs
- Provide input into appropriate sections of clinical protocol design, provide input clinical plan, and serve as member of clinical sub-team when needed
- Develop/provide input into biomarker strategy to enable successful clinical development as a part of the IDP including biomarkers to assess target engagement, pharmacodynamics, disease biomarkers and novel endpoints as appropriate for indication. This also includes patient selection/stratification strategy when necessary, including development of Dx/CDx strategies.
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. in cancer biology, or related field of science
- At least 10 years of experience in biotech/pharma industry supporting discovery/development stage programs in oncology or related areas of science
- Experience in leading IND enabling stage cross-functional teams, and IND filing experience
- Experience in supporting is engaging with clinical development stage programs, ability to approach and design projects from a preclinical to clinical translational perspective
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional colleagues, working with CROs, external collaborators/KOLs required
- Effective communications skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to develop relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Ability to be resourceful in a small biotech environment
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- To have a clinical translational bent of mind, understanding of I/O and drug resistance mechanisms and models, biomarker considerations to enable patient selection/study design, and produce relevant information from the preclinical program to inform the clinical program design
- Previous regulatory interaction experience preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in developing small molecule therapeutics and other diseases areas beyond oncology
- Familiarity with small molecule drug development, PK/PD and metabolism, toxicology concepts and how they fit into advancing a preclinical program into the clinic
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.