HTS/HCI Intern (High Throughput Screening/High Content Imaging)
Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Who Are We?
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. We are the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. With amazing researchers and scientists in Boston, MA, Dresden & Frankfurt, Germany, we partner together to on this journey to doing fascinating, novel science while giving back to our community, being environmentally conscious, and creating experiences and opportunities for everyone no matter who they are.
Why join the Dewpoint team?
At Dewpoint, we’re all about working alongside amazing people. Our team members are at the heart of everything we do & it’s that passion for the science & possibilities that drive us.
Created for students and with students in mind, Dewpoint offers a thrilling and lively internship/program designed to give you an amazing experience in the lab and office setting. Dewpoint offers competitive pay, perks, and social & professional networking opportunities throughout the program for everyone. In this program, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team.
What will you be doing?
We are searching for a motivated intern to join our team doing high throughput screening/high content imaging (HTS/HCI) on novel condensate biology assays as part of the first steps towards small molecule drug discovery.
In this role you will…
- Help maintain cell lines for experiments and/or help to build the cell banking for upcoming projects
- Build analysis sequences/processes based off biological relevancy determined by project groups
- Present data internally (in HTS and/or Project groups) semi-regularly to discuss ideas, update on progress, and troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate and accomplish key tasks related to successful assay transfer and miniaturization of incoming project(s)
- Become familiar with the processes for validation of HCI/HTS which may include but is not limited to:
- reagent preparation
- Learning to utilize robotic systems and their individual components
- Using automation to complete high content imaging and analysis
- Work with tip base and acoustic liquid handling
- Assay data analytics
- Work with a team to develop compound management processes
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook with detailed notes
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast-paced environment while we are working towards optimizing and streamlining our processes
What do you need?
To do that you will need…
- Minimum 2 full years of undergraduate studies required (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, bioinformatics)
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Stay on task with little to no supervision
- Take detailed notes and ask questions
- Work safely in a laboratory environment with biohazards and moving machinery
- Use the scientific method to isolate and resolve unexpected results
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with liquid handlers and/or mammalian cell culture
- Experience with common cell profiling software (Graphpad Prism, Spotfire, Cell Profiler, etc.)
- Experience with immunofluorescence assays and/or microscopy
Join us and get hands-on experience from the leaders in condensate drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.