Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Who Are We?
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. We are the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. With amazing researchers and scientists in Boston, MA, Dresden & Frankfurt, Germany, we partner together to on this journey to doing fascinating, novel science while giving back to our community, being environmentally conscious, and creating experiences and opportunities for everyone no matter who they are.
Why join the Dewpoint team?
At Dewpoint, we’re all about working alongside amazing people. Our team members are at the heart of everything we do & it’s that passion for the science & possibilities that drive us.
Created for students and with students in mind, Dewpoint offers a thrilling and lively internship/program designed to give you an amazing experience in the lab and office setting. Dewpoint offers competitive pay, perks, and social & professional networking opportunities throughout the program for everyone. In this program, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team.
What will you be doing?
We are searching for an intern to join Genetics and Computational Biology team to help us convert biological data into insights leading to Drug discovery. You will be integrating multi-omics data, such as gene/ protein expression and pathways, prototyping methods and implementing tools. A special focus will be on network-based methods. You also be learning concepts of bioinformatics data analysis and using those to create insights for the experimental teams.
In this role you will…
- Evaluate methods by reviewing literature, implementing methods, and analyzing public and internal data.
- Collaborate closely with experimental teams to analyze experiments
- Independently implement analysis code, produce reports, and present results
- Gain hands-on experience in Data Science and / or Bioinformatics in an industrial setting
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
What do you need?
To do that you will
- Have or be working towards at least M.S. degree in a quantitative field (Biology, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, …). Exceptions can be made for outstanding students holding a BSc.
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies and methods.
- Familiarity with academic research
- Sound knowledge of statistics
- Coding ability in R or Python
- (optional) Familiar with concepts of network data analysis or knowledge graphs
- Knowledge of Cell and Molecular biology, in particular the basics of gene expression, would be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Join us and get hands-on experience from the leaders in condensate drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.