Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic individual to join our team as a Laboratory Operations Assistant, supporting the day-to-day operations of our research laboratories and lab personnel. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and time management skills, be able to balance multiple priorities, and feel comfortable working independently to support the needs of our scientists and other lab personnel. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Laboratory Operations in Dresden.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Support and collaborate with teams of scientists and managers by assisting them in their day-to-day operations of a fast-paced laboratory
- Help to streamline processes and set up systems that contribute to the efficient operation of our global organization
- Serve as a champion of Dewpoint’s safety policies and good work practices
- Help with ordering, receiving, stocking, and shipping of supplies, tools, chemicals, and biologicals
- Provide support for the laboratory organization and waste management
- Provide support in all aspects of the laboratory operations, such as automation equipment, cell culture, integrated robotic systems, computer systems and laboratory safety
- Work with contracted support personnel such as service technicians and suppliers
- Actively participate in operations meetings with the opportunity to share ideas and present your work
- Help to build our laboratory efforts by maintaining and creating a productive, efficient, and fun environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- MTA, BTA, CTA education, or Associate degree in a biology-related field
- Minimum one year of experience working in biological laboratories in an industrial or academic setting
- Keen interest in supporting biological and biotechnology research in a laboratory environment
- Interest in learning all aspects of biological laboratory operations
- Customer-oriented philosophy with the ability to prioritize amongst many tasks and stakeholders
- Strong Emotional Intelligence and proven ability to communicate in an open, direct, and constructive manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience supporting the needs of others
- Ability to work independently, but within a collaborative team-centric environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
- Familiarity with Quick Base, Confluence, and Egnyte software platforms
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.