Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic person to join our team as a Lab Operations Assistant, supporting the day-to-day operations of our research laboratory. The successful candidate will have good organizational skills, be able to balance multiple priorities, and feel comfortable working independently to support the needs of the scientists. This role will report to Dewpoint's Operations Manager.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Support and collaborate with a team of scientists and managers by assisting in day-to-day operations of a fast-paced laboratory
- Help to streamline processes and set-up systems that contribute to the efficient operation of our global organization
- Facilitate research in all aspects of the laboratory operations such as automation equipment, cell culture, integrated robotic systems, computer systems, and laboratory safety
- Work with contracted support personnel such as service technicians, cleaners, and suppliers
- Support onboarding of new employees with regard to equipment and access
- Actively participate in operations meetings with the opportunity to share ideas and present your work
- Help to build our laboratory efforts by maintaining and creating a productive, efficient, and fun environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A B.S. in Biology, Chemistry or related field
- Interest in supporting biological research in a laboratory environment
- Undergraduate or industry experience working in a laboratory
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently, but within a collaborative team-centric environment
- Interest in learning all aspects of biological laboratory operations
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience supporting the needs of others
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with G suite tools and Microsoft Office tools
- Familiarity with Quickbase, Confluence, and Egnyte software
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.