Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Why join the Dewpoint team?
At Dewpoint, we’re all about working alongside amazing people. Our team members are at the heart of everything we do & it’s that passion for the science & possibilities that drive us.
Created for and with students in mind, Dewpoint offers a thrilling and lively internship/co-op program designed to give you an amazing experience in the lab and office setting. Dewpoint offers competitive pay, perks, and social & professional networking opportunities for everyone. In this program, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team.
What will you be doing?
We are searching for an Intern to further Oncology projects through in-depth experiments involving confocal microscopy, immunofluorescence, and changes in expression of relevant genetic transcripts.
In this role you will…
- Be embedded in a collaborative and dynamic discovery oncology program at the confluence of cell biology, high content imaging, image analysis and machine learning
- Gain experience performing experiments at industry scale using cell culture and immunofluorescence – we will provide training in automation!
- Receive training on the independent execution of protocols assaying condensate phenotypes, gene expression, cell proliferation and the related cell culture
- Be responsible for maintaining a detailed and accurate notebook
- Operate within a highly collaborative and cross-functional Oncology team
- Present generated data within the oncology group
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
What do you need?
To do that you will need…
- Curiosity and interest in translating cutting-edge condensate biology to novel cancer therapies
- A collaborative spirit and willingness to learn from multiple team members
- At least 2 complete years of a relevant degree (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering)
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Perform experiments safely and effectively with decreasing supervision over time
- Document and follow detailed protocols
- Be able to troubleshoot and ask questions
- Communicate and share results with team members
- Preferred and relevant experience:
- 6+ Months of Mammalian cell culture in a sterile environment
- Familiarity or experience with immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy
- Capable of scientific math, such as dilutions and titrations
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Join us and get hands-on experience from the leaders in condensate drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.