Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Principal Scientist to join Dewpoint’s High Throughput/ High Content Screening group. You will take a hands-on, leading role in the identification of hit compounds by designing, optimizing, validating, and executing large scale high throughput, cellular phenotypic screens. As a Principal Scientist in our team, you will be highly motivated to lead efforts within the lab on a daily basis. You will also actively collaborate with expert groups in automation, image analysis, data management/ processing, in vitro pharmacology, and multiple disease areas to establish state of the art screening science in condensate drug discovery. While deep expertise in all these adjacent areas is not required, candidates with both broad and deep experience in these and affiliated subdisciplines are preferred.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Lead large scale High Throughput/ High Content Screening (HCS) campaigns within the lab with the aim of identifying chemical compound hits that modulate biomolecular condensates implicated in disease, across multiple therapeutic areas
- Play a hands-on, leading role in shaping Dewpoint’s overall strategic and operational approach to condensate screening science, and do so as a true partner with HTS leadership
- Independently interact with project teams as a core team member representing the HTS/HCS group to design detailed plans for HTS and hit follow-up/ characterization
- Provide training, support, and consultation as an HTS and high content imaging subject matter expert to the scientists and core teams regarding screening schedules, screening decision trees, assay transfer conditions, assay design and miniaturization and other HTS related activities
- Lead a team of Research Associates and /or Scientists in executing large scale HTS campaigns (300K+ compound libraries) within the lab
- Devise innovative solutions to solve unmet screening needs
- Generate written SOPs, data reports, and routinely present findings to project team members and upper management
- Provide mentorship and guidance as a team player while exceling as an independent, valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast-paced environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in Cell Biology (or related field) with 5+ years industry experience
- Proven ability to independently drive projects transferred to the HTS/HCS group scientifically and technologically with experience performing HTS for at least 3 years
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through all processes of a HTS screening campaign from assay optimization, to assay validation, to the execution of primary and confirmation screens
- Expertise in high content / phenotypic screening and in image analysis software such PerkinElmer’s Harmony, Columbus, or others
- Hands on experience with lab automation such as acoustic dispensers (Echo), fluidic dispensers (Multiflow, Mantis, Blue-Cat/Blue-Wash) and liquid handlers (Hamilton or similar)
- Hands on experience with general cell culture techniques, cell-based assay development, and immunocytochemistry (IF) techniques
- Experience in leading productive, collaborative, and happy teams with emphasis on employee career development and mentoring
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment where cutting edge science demands creative solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Knowledge of machine learning as it pertains to multiparametric, immunofluorescence images
- Familiarity with biomolecular condensate biology
- Experience with integrated systems and their accompanying scheduling software
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.