Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Principal Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry. As part of our growing Med Chem group you will provide key contributions to the implementation of medicinal chemistry strategies through the design, development, and execution of innovative chemistry and help to revolutionize our approach to the discovery and development of small molecules.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our Chemistry & Drug Discovery site in Frankfurt, Germany. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Define project-related Medicinal Chemistry strategy and define overall strategy for highly innovative drug discovery projects from Target ID to hit identification to candidate nomination
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, demonstrating a personal commitment to extending and developing knowledge and expertise
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-site functional goals within Chemistry & Drug Discovery
- Analyze screening data, establish SAR, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute medicinal chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support compound progression and patent strategies
- Advise, coordinate, and steer external resources at our partner CROs
- Use timely decision-making to ensure focus and delivery of key objectives.
- Promote high levels of productivity and urgency, leading by personal example
- Provide day-to-day technical guidance to a team of Medicinal Chemists and also work in the lab to synthetize NCEs
- Maintain the highest levels of Health and Safety standards across the Chemistry group
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- Doctorate degree in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with 5-15 years of laboratory-based research experience
- Experience in working across multiple target-types and gene families
- Expertise in methodology development and multi-step synthesis
- Track record of delivering high quality candidates into development
- Strong knowledge of techniques related to purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Ability to work closely with other experts (in CADD, Biology, DMPK, Safety, CMC) to identify key drug discovery issues, propose and implement creative solutions, and execute on innovative medicinal chemistry designs
- Experience working with CRO partners
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and effectively present scientific data at team meetings
- Ability to contribute at all stages of a project from early project validation, hit and lead optimization to candidate selection
- Ability to suggest and lead changes to improve work process effectiveness at all levels and across disciplines
- Proven track record of creative thinking and consistent delivery
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Be highly self-motivated, proactive, curious, hard-working
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment, demonstrating exceptional teamwork skills and a “can-do” / “can-win” attitude
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience and direct accountability in project leadership
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.