Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Research Associate (RA) to join our team to advance our efforts to establish novel assays leading to discovery of much needed therapeutics. As an RA at Dewpoint, you will be working with project teams to develop and conduct both biochemical and cellular assays to validate and support our drug discovery programs. You will unleash disease mechanisms by leveraging condensate biology and state-of-the-art technologies to contribute to the development of novel assays and high throughput screens.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop cellular and biochemical assays to support our drug discovery efforts in collaboration with project teams and our high throughput screening department
- Develop and conduct assays for hit validation
- Analyze, interpret, document and report data in a clear manner in project, company, and external meetings
- Show initiative, work pro-actively, accurate, and perform hands on experiments in the lab in an independent manner
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arrive in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- MTA, BTA, CTA, B.Sc. or M.Sc. in biochemistry, cell biology, biotechnology, or a related subject
- 2+ years of academia or industry experience
- Proven ability and skill in basic cell and molecular biological techniques
- Experience in lab automation
- Experience in high-content cellular imaging and screening
- Ability to establish and execute detailed protocols as well as work and perform standard lab operations with minimal supervision
- To be a team player with high motivation, strong attention to detail, and efficiency in computer skills including data analysis software and Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to balance multiple objectives
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques such as qRT-PCR, si-RNA, viral vectors, and transcription analysis
- Experience in protein purification and biochemical in vitro assay development
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.