Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases
We are searching for a creative, experienced, and independent research associate or senior research associate to help build Dewpoint’s novel technology platform for the study of condensates. You will contribute to a team developing and executing cellular assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates, and to discover novel condensates with critical roles in disease.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Perform high content imaging to characterize condensates in disease-relevant cell models
- Support lead optimization efforts by characterizing the effects of drugs on condensates
- Develop new cell models for the study of condensates
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- B.S./M.S in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working with standard molecular and cell-biology techniques, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Cell culture experience, including the growth and maintenance of difficult to culture cell types
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience working as part of a scientific team
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with immunofluorescence and/or fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH)
- Experience with automation tools such as liquid handlers and high-content imaging
- Experience with quantitative analysis of microscopy images
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.