Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for an energetic and organized cell culturist to join our Cell Engineering team. Working directly with the Principal Scientist on the team, you will have hands-on experience growing a wide variety of cell lines from immortalized to primary cells. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with small scale and large-scale cell culture (T flask to CellSTACK™), routine cell banking and managing cell line QC programs (sterility, cell line authentication).
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Build a parental cell line repository to support Dewpoint’s condensate biology programs
- Be involved in large scale cell banking for high throughput screening campaigns
- Collaborate with the Cell Engineering Team to build and validate disease model cell lines in a cross-functional environment, supporting cell line needs across diverse research groups
- Be the point of contact for cryovial distribution requests, shipments, and new cell line purchases
- Contribute to development of streamline workflows for cell line management
- Be responsible for the site’s mycoplasma testing program and reagent testing (FBS)
- Be responsible for the application development for IncuCyte™ Live Cell Imaging System
- Be expected to present and update work on a periodic basis
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A B.A or B.S. in biological sciences with at least 2 years of industry experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in cell-based assay development, biorepository management, and/or process development
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environments: multitaskers are welcomed!
- Enthusiasm for learning and advancing your own professional development
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Biorepository experience (Benchling™, FreezerPro™ or similar).
- Familiarity with IncuCyte™ live cell imaging
- Organoid/tumoroid experience
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.