Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and independent Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to help build and run Dewpoint’s novel technology platform for the study of condensates. You will contribute to a team developing and executing cellular assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates, and to discover novel condensates with critical roles in disease.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop, and validate a variety of cell-based and biochemical assays to generate data for High-throughput hit identification, Hit-to-lead, and lead-op projects
- Validate and perform high content imaging condensate assays for compound characterization to support drug discovery
- Ensure the timely execution of both HTS campaigns and IC50/EC50 determinations, and delivery of data to program teams
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of HTS data analysis and software packages
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Maintain a stable and productive environment through Quality Control, preventative maintenance, and standard operating procedures
To do that you will need…
- B.S./M.S in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field
- 2+ years of experience working with standard molecular, cell-biology and biochemistry techniques, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Cell culture experience, including the growth and maintenance of difficult to culture cell types
- Prior experience in small-molecule screening that includes familiarity with liquid handlers and automation systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision to advance drug discovery projects in a highly matrixed environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment and balance multiple objectives
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with immunofluorescence and/or fluorescence in-situ hybridization
- Experience with quantitative analysis of microscopy images
- Experience with other cellular plate-based assays with fluorescence, HTRF, FRET, bioluminescence assays, and BRET detection
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.