Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative and experienced Research Associate or Senior Research Associate to help build Dewpoint’s novel technology platform. You will play a pivotal role in developing and executing cellular and biochemical assays to characterize disease-relevant condensates, and to discover novel condensates with critical roles in disease.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Perform affinity-capture, immunoprecipitation, and proximity labeling coupled to mass spectrometry to characterize condensate components in disease-relevant cell models
- Perform immunofluorescence and high-content imaging to characterize condensates in disease-relevant cell models
- Support novel assay and cell model development for the study of condensates
- Support lead optimization efforts by characterizing the effects of drugs on condensates
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- B.S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working with standard molecular and cell biology techniques, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Excellent technical and organizational skills to balance multiple objectives and high sample throughput with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Protein biochemistry, cell culture growth, and maintenance experience
- Experience with immunoprecipitation (IP) and/or affinity purification (AP) techniques
- Experience with immunofluorescence (IF) and/or fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH)
- Experience with bioinformatics and/or quantitative analysis of microscopy images
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.