Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an enthusiastic Research Associate or Senior Research Associate with experience in Virology and/or Cell Biology to join our antiviral condensate biology program. You will be responsible for helping to develop and execute cellular and biochemical condensate assays to screen for small molecule modulators. The right candidate will be agile, a curious thinker, innovative, and collaborative.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Work with the virology team to develop condensate biology-based biochemical and cell-based assays for HTS assays to identify small molecules
- Be motivated, accurate, and be curiously hands on in the lab while working independently
- Be given opportunities to present findings to the broader team and other stakeholders
- Collaborate and work with other research associates and scientists in a fast-paced environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A BS/MS in Virology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline
- At least 2 years of extensive experience in working on developing and executing biochemical or cell-based assays preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Knowledge of assay best practices, such as assay (plate and run) controls, normalization, and QC statistics like Z’, protocol creation and assay validation
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with both primary and transformed cell cultures
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Be astute and able to communicate findings to the broader team
- Willingness to work with various viruses
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience working on developing cell-based assays for studying viral biology
- Experience with high-content imaging, viral propagation and titration techniques, and a background in molecular virology
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.