Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, experienced, and independent Scientist to develop novel imaging pipelines for cellular and tissue model drug screening. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and analysis of cutting-edge imaging screens to determine quantitative cellular parameters across different scales. It will be essential to understand the link between sub-cellular biomolecular condensate states and tissue morphology. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of complex thinking and experience with programming and modeling
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Be responsible for driving the development of unique imaging pipelines to determine quantitative biophysical parameters in cellular and tissue models
- Collaborate with leading scientists and companies in the field of microscopy
- Conduct imaging-based screens working with cross-functional teams
- Work on your own cellular systems to unify experimental and theoretical work at the highest level
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do this you will need…
- PhD in (Bio)physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related subjects
- 3-5 years of experience with advanced image analysis of microscopy data e.g. 3D object tracking and morphological pattern analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in programming and quantitative modeling
- Experience with biological samples and conduct of imaging-based measurements
- Demonstrated ability to drive independent research in the field of quantitative biology/biophysics/microscopy
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and engaging effectively scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with (lattice)-light-sheet microscopy
- Experience with cell culture and tissue culture e.g. organoids
- Software engineering e.g. implementation of software modules in larger environments
- Experience training other team members on hardware and software tools
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.