Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced and creative Scientist to join our Neurological and Rare Diseases Team to uncover and apply condensate biology to discover new therapeutic target hypotheses and to develop new drugs. You will identify and execute gating and triaging experiments for the identification, progression, and validation of hypotheses and drugs as well as create and execute on strategic flow-schemes to identify compounds that have desired effects/properties. You will be responsible for developing in vitro biochemical and cell-based condensate assays and interrogating the mechanism of action of small molecule modulators. Techniques will involve molecular biology, biochemical and biophysical methods to study condensate properties as well as expansion into cellular model settings to measure disease-relevant phenotypes.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role, you will…
- Contribute to Neurological and Rare Disease scientific subject areas and of projects by providing knowledge and direction to help the team uncover disease-driving condensate biology, targeted condensate mechanisms, develop biochemical condensate biology-based assays and elucidate the biochemical mechanism of action of small molecules that modulate disease biology
- Work in partnership with colleagues to ensure that assays and experiments are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Mentor, motivate and inspire team members at all levels
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in neuroscience, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related scientific discipline; or a BS/MS with 6-8+ years of relevant experience with demonstrable ability to work independently
- Experience in Neurological and Rare Diseases
- A strong publication record
- Hands on experience in mechanism of action studies as well as a wide range of biochemical, biophysical, molecular, and cellular techniques
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with human iPSC culture and differentiation
- Condensate biology experience
- Gene regulation and bioinformatics analysis experience
- In vivo disease modeling
- Experience leading and developing projects and staff
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.