Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an innovative scientist to work in the laboratory and drive our condensate exploration, validation, and drug discovery efforts. You will have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry with experience in optimizing and validating assays for high-throughput screening using high content assay readouts. Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation and cellular mechanism of action studies is preferred. You will report to the Director, New Targets and work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Independently design, develop, and validate cell-based assays for implementation in drug discovery projects
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to initiation and development of new programs
- Implement work-plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate
- Be an effective member of Drug Discovery Project Teams, contributing novel ideas and using judgment and knowledge where appropriate to influence the work of the project
- Lead one or more aspects of scientific subject area within the team
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster and oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire other team members at all levels
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, immunology, or a related field (scientist level)
- 2-4 years post-doctoral or industry experience (Senior Scientist level)
- OR or BS/MS w/ 10+ years relevant experience
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, ELISA, pull down assays, western blots, fluorescent microscopy, and flow cytometry
- Knowledge of best assay practices
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific projects and/or teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in innate immunity
- Experience in driving target identification and validation to enable drug discovery efforts
- Experience in computational analysis of biological data
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.