Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for a creative, energetic scientist to join our cell team and drive the generation of newly modified cell lines for condensate screening assays in multiple disease areas. The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, genetics, molecular biology, and biochemistry, with experience in optimizing and trouble-shooting robotic-based assays for medium and high-throughput screening. Experience in supporting and executing automated cell assays as well as performing target validation studies is preferred. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovations Zentrum. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and hands-on worker to will drive success in the field of condensate biology by generating newly tagged cell lines for screening purposes including assay development
- Work with various cell lines including stem cells and differentiation protocols
- Use your background to explore a wide range of transfection assays including electroporation and Lentivirus
- Be responsible for supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation including cellular mechanism of action studies using automation
To do this you will need…
- A Ph.D. in cell biology, genetics, molecular biology, neuroscience, biochemistry, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience with a wide range of cell-based assays using automation, indicator genes (luciferase, GFP, SEAP etc) and high-content assay readouts
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including CRISPR, sequencing, siRNA, pull down assays, fluorescent microscopy, flow cytometry, and western blots
- Experience with biochemical assays including high content imaging, FRET, mechanism of action studies, and proteomics
- Bioinformatics experience and skills in data analysis
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It's nice, but not essential, if you also have…
- Industry experience
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.