Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are looking for a Scientist or Senior Scientist to join the Computational Biology team and to support this vision by converting data into actionable knowledge. In this role, you will survey, implement, and develop new methods for the analysis of multi-omics datasets. A key focus will be identifying and benchmarking analytical approaches and the statistical design and execution of analyses for the success of drug discovery. You will also support general data analysis needs for different projects and programs. This position will report to the Bioinformatics group leader and will work collaboratively with data scientists, biologists, chemists, and technologists to produce results that lead to therapeutic discoveries.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This is a hybrid role based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Analyze large –omics datasets, mostly genomics and proteomics data, generated internally and from external data sources; for example, building PPI networks, performing differential gene expression, biomarker discovery, and pathway enrichment analysis
- Explore new genomics methods and their applications for therapeutic programs
- Develop or implement methods for the integration of -omics data
- Prototype data analysis pipelines
- Collaborate with experimental biologists and analytical scientists to provide input on experimental design for target validation (in vivo and in vitro model systems)
- Produce reports and present findings to stakeholders with different backgrounds
- Work with and help facilitate interactions with external partners in academia and industry
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- A PhD (or BS/MS with at least 6 years of experience) in computational biology, bioinformatics, systems biology, biostatistics, or related field
- Expertise in statistics applied to biological problems, for example, linear modeling
- Sound knowledge of molecular biology
- Fluency in R/Bioconductor and/or Python for the analysis of biological data
- Knowledge of the unix command-line, bash scripting skills, and experience with version control
- Experience in the analysis of NGS (RNAseq, ATACseq, CHIPseq, etc.) and / or mass-spectrometry data
- Strong attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects, and a commitment to learning
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to empower decision making
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or with drug development
- Experience with machine learning algorithms
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Experience writing data analysis workflows in a DSL such as Nextflow or Snakemake
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.