Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an innovative Scientist to work in the laboratory and help drive our condensate exploration, validation, and drug discovery efforts. You will have a strong scientific background in cardiovascular biology and cell and molecular biology, and experience in optimizing and validating assay for cardiovascular drug discovery efforts. This position requires a strong cardiovascular physiology background. Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation and cellular mechanism of action studies is preferred. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to further the discovery efforts.
In this position, you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Independently design, develop, and validate cell-based assays for implementation in cardiology research and drug discovery efforts
- Implement work plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met, including delivery of more than one agreed area of work in parallel where appropriate
- Lead one or more aspects of scientific subject area within the team
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings, and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire other team members at all levels
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in cardiology, cardiovascular biology, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field or a BS/MS with 10+ years of experience
- Ability independently designing and executing various cardiac-relevant cell-based assays
- Hands on experience in culturing and differentiating iPSC to cardiomyocytes
- Experience in independently analyzing electrophysiology data to measure compound effects on cardiomyocyte physiology
- Experience in diverse molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, CRISPR, siRNA, viral vectors
- Hands on experience in calcium flux measurements and electrophysiology characterization
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience working with fresh and flash frozen human tissue
- Experience with rodent and in vitro models of cardiomyocyte health, heart failure, genetic, surgical, or pharmacological modulation
- Experience with confocal microscopy or imaging
- Experience in computational analysis of biological data, NGS, or proteomics methods
- Experience in drug discovery efforts
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.