Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Scientist or Senior Scientist to lead from the bench developing and executing robust disease-relevant assays to support lead discovery and optimization. You will have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry with experience in optimizing and validating robotic-based assays for high-throughput screening (HTS) using a range of assay readouts, such as biochemical, indicator gene, gene expression (qPCR), and high content imaging. You will work closely with cross-functional teams and generate data that further our discovery efforts. It is essential that you are knowledgeable in multiple aspects of HTS, from compound handling through assay design, screening, and data analysis.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Independently design, develop, and validate a variety of cell-based and biochemical assays to generate data in drug discovery projects
- Develop, validate, and implement innovative and robust assays applicable to drive Structure Activity Relationship (SAR) and characterization of hits
- Generate written SOPs, data reports, and routinely present findings to project team members
- Collaborate with a world class multi-disciplinary team of drug discovery scientists that include Medicinal Chemistry, Disease Biology and Data Science to advance multiple small molecule programs & ensure that assays are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Independently interact with project teams as a core team member representing the in vitro pharmacology/HTS group to design detailed plans to enable lead identification, optimization, and characterization
- Maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous process to enhance functional capability and productivity
- Mentor and coach of other scientists to create and sustain a high performing team
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in chemical biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field with at least 3 years of industry experience or a B.S/M.S with at least 6 years of industry experience
- Experience in supporting hit-to-lead, and/or lead optimization programs
- Hands-on experience in development and optimization of a wide range of cellular assays such as indicator gene (luciferase, GFP, SEAP etc), HTRF, AlphaLISA, MSD, qPCR, and high content imaging
- Proficiency in developing and implementing potency, selectivity, and mechanistic assays to drive lead discovery and optimization
- Working knowledge of HTS automation and liquid handling systems
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as Spotfire, GraphPad, JMP, Microsoft office for data analysis & figure generation
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple objectives at the same time
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment, and experience in mentoring and leading other scientific staff
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, sequencing, pull-down assays, western blots, fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting HTS liquid handlers such as LabCyte, Hamilton, Beckman, Agilent liquid handlers
- Skills in culturing and handling complex model systems such as iPSC-derived motor neurons, cardiomyocytes, and 3D organoids
- Knowledge/experience in bioinformatics and programming for analysis of omics data or development of tools to improve data analysis
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.