Scientist/Sr. Scientist – In Vitro Pharmacology (IVP)
Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for experienced and creative Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Discovery Platform Team and lead from the bench, developing and executing robust disease-relevant assays to support our High-Throughput Screening (HTS) and in vitro pharmacology (IVP) functions. At Dewpoint, we have developed an industry-leading high content screening platform which enables us to screen for condensate modulators in an ultra high-throughput and highly miniaturized format. We are searching for a candidate with a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry with experience in assay development, as well as laboratory automation and high-throughput instrumentation. This role requires tight collaboration with cross-functional teams in Biology, Chemistry and Digital Sciences to generate critical data that further our discovery efforts.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Be proficient in the design and execution of cutting-edge high content screening assays, leveraging an unmatched infrastructure for high-throughput microscopy, studying cellular condensates
- Independently design, develop, and validate a variety of cell based HCS assays, as well as biochemical assays to discover and advance leads for our condensate drug discovery projects
- Generate written SOPs, data reports, and present findings to project team members
- Collaborate with a world class multi-disciplinary team of drug discovery scientists that includes Medicinal Chemistry, Disease Biology and Data Science to advance multiple small molecule programs and ensure that assays are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Independently partner with project teams as a core team member representing the Discovery Platform team
- Actively maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous process to enhance functional capability and productivity
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote an open and innovative culture within a cross discipline environment
- Mentor, motivate and inspire team members at all levels
To do that you will need…
- Ph.D. in chemical biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or a related field with 3 years’ industry experience or a BS/MS with > 5 years’ industry experience
- Hands-on experience in development and optimization of High Content Assays is highly desired and ideally with experience in a wide range of other assays such as reporter gene (luciferase, GFP, SEAP etc.), HTRF, Alpha Screen, MSD and qPCR
- Proficiency in developing and implementing potency, selectivity, and mechanistic assays to drive lead discovery and optimization
- A working knowledge of integrated HTS automation and systems
- Experience in programming and troubleshooting HTS liquid handlers such as Echo, Hamilton, Beckman, Agilent liquid handlers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively to advance drug discovery projects in a highly matrixed environment
- Proficiency in utilizing software such as Dotmatics, Spotfire, GraphPad, JMP, Microsoft office for data analysis & figure generation
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple objectives at the same time
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment, demonstrating exceptional teamwork skills and a “can-do” / “can-win” attitude
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment, and experience in mentoring and leading other scientific staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, sequencing, pull-down assays, western blots, fluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry
- Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation
- Skills in culturing and handling complex model systems such as iPSC-derived motor neurons, cardiomyocytes, and 3D organoids
- Knowledge/experience in bioinformatics and programming for analysis of omics data or development of tools to improve data analysis
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against because of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.