Senior Manager, Lab Operations and Facilities / Safety Officer (m/f/d)
Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a creative, energetic, highly-organized hands-on individual to join our team as senior lab operations manager and safety officer to actively manage and support our Frankfurt laboratory, which is engaged in drug discovery research. This individual will be responsible for the management and implementation of the lab operations and activities relating to safety, all processes and protocols required in a scientific research organization, laboratory space planning, budget planning, purchasing, and vendor relationships. Strong collaboration with our Boston and Dresden sites is critical to the success of this role. Experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment is desired.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role will be based at our site in Frankfurt, Germany at the Industry Park Hoechst. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Lead and oversee all facilities (lab and office) operations in Frankfurt
- Be accountable for our chemical hygiene and safety programs to create and maintain a strong safety culture, ensuring full compliance with Health Safety & Environment programs and regulations
- Partner with key stakeholders on equipment installations, renovations, expansions, including the further build out of our new lab and office facility in Frankfurt
- Be the primary contact with building facilities management, security, and housekeeping to ensure efficient and safe operations of our laboratories, offices, and common areas
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of operations staff (as we grow)
- Be highly responsive as the point person supporting lab operations for a large, dynamic research organization
- Prioritize, delegate effectively, and ensure timely execution of multiple tasks on an on-going basis
- Work with scientists to plan and to execute instrument purchasing, installation, maintenance, and on-going support
- Be responsible for instrument and facilities management, as well as general reagent and consumables procurement and storage
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives (including team events) as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- BS, MS or PhD degree in a scientific or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5-7 years of direct experience in managing biomedical research laboratory operations
- Experience in using and troubleshooting laboratory instrumentation
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills, along with the ability to balance multiple objectives
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and collaborate with cross-departmental teams to improve scientific operational efficiencies and logistics, and to support business needs and scientific teams
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
- Ability to communicate effectively in German
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Organic Chemistry related knowledge and experience
- Experience with analytical laboratories and instruments (e.g. mass spectrometry, HPLC, …)
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Frankfurt, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.