Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced and creative HIV enzymology Senior Scientist to join our Antiviral Drug Discovery condensate biology program to help us develop a cure for HIV. You will be responsible for developing in vitro HIV condensate assays and interrogating the mechanism of action of small molecule modulators of HIV biology. You will have a strong scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and biochemistry with experience in optimizing and validating robotic-based assays for high-throughput screening using biochemical, protein-protein interaction, indicator gene and high content assay readouts. Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation and biochemical and cellular mechanism of action studies is preferred. You must be fluent in HIV enzymology and molecular virology. Pharmaceutical drug discovery experience in developing biochemical and high-content cell-based assays and supporting discovery programs is required.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Lead one or more aspects of scientific subject areas and provide knowledge and direction to help the HIV team develop biochemical condensate biology-based assays and elucidate the biochemical mechanism of action of small molecules that modulate HIV biology
- Work in partnership with colleagues to ensure that assays and experiments are designed optimally, biologically relevant, aligned with goals, and implemented effectively
- Mentor, motivate and inspire team members at all levels
- Achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at departmental or functional meetings; and external scientific visibility through poster & oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in biochemistry, virology, chemical biology, or scientific discipline and 3+ years’ experience working in industry; or a BS/MS with 10+ years’ experience and demonstrable ability to work independently
- A strong publication record
- 5+ years’ experience working with HIV biochemical targets and assays
- Hands on experience in protein purification and biochemical mechanism of action studies as well as a wide range of biochemical assay techniques including, but not limited to enzymatic, FRET, protein binding, thermal shift, and Biacore spr assays
- Experience with assay analyses including determination of concentration-response data to determine potency and affinity of compounds, substrates, and ligands (such as EC50, IC50, Kd, Ki, Km) as well as dynamic response ranges of assays and biological models
- Knowledge of assay best practices, such as assay (plate and run) controls, normalization and QC statistics like Z’
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and delivery in a timely manner
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and experience in mentoring and leading scientific teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- 2+ years working with HIV molecular virology and infectious systems, including antiviral assays
- Experience in diverse molecular and cell biology techniques, including siRNA, CRISPR, sequencing, pull down assays, western blots, fluorescent microscopy and flow cytometry
- Experience with a wide range of cellular assay techniques, such as reporter gene expression, high content fluorescent cell imaging, FRET, and immuno-based assays as well as mechanism of action studies and antiviral assays
- Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing biochemical and cellular mechanism of action studies
- Bioinformatics analysis experience
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.