Website Dewpoint Therapeutics
The Condensates Company
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an experienced and motivated Sr. Research Associate or Associate Scientist to develop, optimize and execute cellular assays to support neurological and rare diseases. You will work closely with your supervisor and cross-functional teams to develop biomolecular condensate disease-mechanism relevant assays. You will make important decision-driving contributions progressing discovery projects by establishing and learning from these disease-relevant cell models and assays, as well as hit characterization and lead optimization.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
To do that you will need…
- A BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science discipline
- At least 3 years of professional laboratory experience
- Experience in culturing of cell lines and primary cells such as iPSCs, neurons, and 3D cultures
- Experience in cell engineering by CRISPR, lentiviral and siRNA in addition to basic molecular biology and transfection techniques
- Experience in optimizing, validating, and automating cell-based models for assay development and biology validation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize and contribute to multiple work streams
- Ability to interpret and understand the connection of results with underlying biology
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Proficiency with lab automation
- Experience in supporting lead optimization programs and performing target validation and biochemical and cellular mechanism of action studies
- Knowledge of assay best practices, such as assay (plate and run) controls, normalization and QC statistics like Z’
- Experience with a wide range of assay techniques, such as reporter gene expression, high content fluorescent cell imaging assays, FRET, protein binding assays, immuno-based assays, qPCR
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.